With a touch of tartness from the lemon juice, apple cider is blended with fresh juice. Gelatin is sprinkled over the top of the plain mixture. There needs to be a bloom time of a few minutes followed by an initial heating up to dissolve the gelatin. After that, it’s time to drink. It is the vodka that pairs perfectly with the apple.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Apple Cider Jello Shots is 2 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Apple Cider Jello Shots is 151 per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Apple Cider Jello Shots is 10 minutes.
- Shot Glass
- 1 c. apple cider
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 (0.25-oz.) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup caramel vodka
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Apple slices, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- In a small saucepan, add apple cider and lemon juice. Sprinkle over gelatin and let bloom, about 5 minutes.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Pour in vodka and remove from heat.
- After straining the mixture to avoid lumps, pour into shot glasses and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and an apple slice.