It is no secret that everybody who has attended the University of Florida knows of the famous sports drink, originally created at the school and named after the school’s mascot the Manatee. Its name is “the Gator”. This is a great drink to remember your college days (when you might have made a similar cocktail at the “World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party”) – it’s surprisingly tasty, and the orange slice topping really makes it.
The strength of Gatorade Margarita Shot Recipe is 6 out of 10.
The estimated calories of Gatorade Margarita Shot Recipe is 98 per serving.
The time it takes to create Gatorade Margarita Shot Recipe is 5 minutes.
Required Bar Tools
- Shot Glass
Shot Ingredients (ML/OZ)
- 1/4 cup blue sanding sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- One 20-ounce bottle blue sports drink, such as Cool Blue Gatorade ®, chilled
- 1 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/3 cup blue curacao
Steps to Make Gatorade Margarita Shot Recipe
- In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar and salt. To coat the rims of 4 to 6 rocks glasses, wet them with water and then dip them in the sugar-salt mixture.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together the sports drink, limeade concentrate, tequila, and blue curacao.
- Fill the rocks glasses halfway with ice, then pour in the margarita and top with an orange slice.