Cosmopolitans can be great drinks when they are made properly, but if they are half-assed, they are one of the most pedestrian cocktails out there. The Cosmo in this shot pays homage to Dale Degroff’s legendary version, which, whether you like it or not, is one of the most influential drinks in history. We suppose you could say this is Cosmo shot is darn good, if we may say so. Rather than drink copious amounts of alcohol, why not have a wee shot? When we want nothing more than a little bit of entertainment, a little teaser can make us smile, in the same way, shot amuse-bouches do. Let’s be clear. We thought we could get away with that explanation, but, really, who did we think we were kidding? There’s nothing better than a good drink. Since we are no longer just out of college, an entire cocktail can sometimes seem like far more of an effort than we’re willing to give We aren’t concerned with how many Cosmos shot Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha knockback each other in a single show. You don’t need to be concerned about throwing back your shot now that college is over. The more sensible option is to sip it slowly, savoring the sweet and tart taste of Obviously, there’s no rule prohibiting you from doubling the proportions and combining a standard pour with a martini.
The strength of Cosmo Shot Recipe is 6 out of 10.
The estimated calories of Cosmo Shot Recipe is 125 per serving.
The time it takes to create Cosmo Shot Recipe is 3 minutes.
Required Bar Tools
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shot Glass
Shot Ingredients (ML/OZ)
- 1/2 oz. of vodka, preferably citrus vodka
- 1/2 oz. of Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1/4 oz. of cranberry juice
- one lime wedge with ice strip of orange.
Steps to Make Cosmo Shot Recipe
- The vodka, lemon juice, Cointreau, cranberry juice and lime wedge are placed in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake, shake, shake, to combine.
- Make a shot glass by straining the booze.
- Light a match or a lighter next to the zest and let it catch fire.
- Wait just a moment while the essential oils burn, and then blow out the flame.
- The zest should be dropped into the shot glass before serving.