So, what does it mean? In essence, the Bullshot is a Bloody Mary with beef broth in place of the tomato juice. Traditionally, bar patrons and drink lovers mix vodka with beef consommé and keep it warm in a thermos, which is a boozy way to beat the winter chill, but cool pouring it? This is a completely different story. It is best to mix bullshot with homemade broth, but don’t let this stop you since it still tastes great with canned consomme. A number of variations exist. It could use a little dry sherry infused in the mix if you put it on the stove. Lemon and orange juice are also sometimes added to the mixture.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Bull Shot Recipe is 7 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Bull Shot Recipe is 481 per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Bull Shot Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail shaker
- Old-fashioned glass
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces chilled beef bouillon, or beef consommé
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedge, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour vodka and beef bouillon. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces, and for optional, celery salt.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Top with a bit of fresh ground pepper and garnish with a lemon wedge.