Ideally suited for a cold winter night, this drink will serve as a great way to warm up the evening with a drink that will satisfy your thirst. In this recipe, bourbon is used as the base, which is a great option for a warm whiskey cocktail. It’s nice to accompany it with old-fashioned ingredients like a sugar cube soaked in bitters, an orange, and a cherry. A warm beverage like this, however, comes into being as soon as the hot water hits the mix. A warm old-fashioned can be made with just about any kind of whiskey (bourbon or another style). can even enjoy it more with a high-proof, really robust whiskey or any of the fantastic rye whiskeys on the market today.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Warm Old-Fashioned Cocktail Recipe is 6 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Warm Old-Fashioned Cocktail Recipe is 154 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Warm Old-Fashioned Cocktail Recipe is 5 minutes.
- Old-fashioned glass
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces warm water
- 1 orange slice
- 1 splash club soda
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Ice cubes
Steps to Make It
- Put the sugar cub and aromatic bitters into an old-fashioned glass.
- Add the cherry, soda., and orange slice, then muddle the ingredients.
- Remove the remnants of the fruits from the glass.
- Add the bourbon whiskey and warm water.
- If desired, orange slice may be added as garnish.
- Serve and enjoy.