This cocktail is distinguished by a long strip of lemon rind that curls back and forth in the drink. A bourbon and ginger ale drink with bitters is all it is. There are people who prefer brandy, and you can serve the cocktail as a mocktail as well-basically making a fancy ginger ale without the alcohol. You cannot go wrong with the Horse’s Neck, no matter how you prepare it. Horse’s neck has its origins in the Victorian era when it first appeared as a drink without alcohol. In addition to the ginger ale, bitters were added and a spiral of lemon peel was garnished on top. Sometime later, someone added bourbon to it to create a Horse’s Neck cocktail with a kick.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Horse’s Neck Cocktail Recipe is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Horse’s Neck Cocktail Recipe is 200 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Horse’s Neck Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Bar spoon
- Collins glass
- 3 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 3 dashes bitters
- 6 ounces ginger ale
- Ice cubes
- Long lemon peel spiral (garnish)
Steps to Make It
- Put the lemon peel spiral on the rim of the collins glass. Ensure that the lemon peel drapes into the glass.
- Put some ice cubes in the collins glass.
- Pour the bourbon whiskey and ginger ale into the glass.
- Put some bitters. You may lessen or add more than 3 dashes depending on your taste and preference.
- Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!