There’s no doubt that the blue blazer is a cocktail that requires advanced bartending skills since it involves rolling flaming whiskey from one mug to another. A drink called “The Professor” was created in the 1800s by Jerry Thomas, whose etchings of him making it are some of the most famous images of “The Professor” that are surviving today. It might be difficult for you to try the blue blazer, but you can try flaming drinks like the English Christmas punch, flaming Dr. Pepper, and goblet of fire. Make sure you read through the safety tips before doing any of them, though.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Blue Blazer Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 7 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Blue Blazer Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 158 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Blue Blazer Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 minutes.
- Pewter Tulip-Shaped Mugs
- 2 ounces Scotch whisky
- 1 1/2 ounces boiling water
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Lemon peel, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients for this cocktail.
- Mix the boiling water, the scotch, and sugar into a heat-resistant mug with a handle (silver-plated or pewter tulip-shaped mugs are recommended).
- Set the mixture ablaze.
- Roll the mixture into an equivalent mug and back while it's still hot. Repeat this process four or five times.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-resistant cup with a lemon peel, then cover with one of the mugs to put out the flames before drinking.