Each Triple Crown race has its speciality drink made with bourbon. Horse racing and bourbon cocktails go hand in hand. Although this Belmont jewel cocktail recipe has been the official drink at the Belmont Stakes since its debut in 1992, it hasn’t always been the cocktail of choice for the June race. Simple and refreshing, this drink is perfect for summer. This cocktail features bourbon, lemonade, and pomegranate juice, and it is suitable for any occasion, particularly summer parties. In addition, it is easy to turn this recipe into a punch and serve it by the pitcher for a thirsty crowd.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Belmont Jewel Cocktail Recipe is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Belmont Jewel Cocktail Recipe is 137 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Belmont Jewel Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Double old-fashioned glass.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- Garnish: lemon wedge, orange zest, or cherry
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake the bottle vigorously.
- Strain into a double old-fashioned glass over fresh ice.
- Serve with a lemon peel, orange zest, or cherry as a garnish. Serve and have fun!