An Affinity is a slightly different version of the Perfect Manhattan that uses Scotch whiskey as the primary spirit. It is an excellent cocktail to enjoy before dinner. Exactly as with the gin martini, the Scotch in this cocktail will have a completely different flavor if you use a different brand. The Affinity can be balanced nicely with a blended Scotch or with those that have a mellow taste like single malts from the Lowlands, Highlands, or Speyside.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Affinity Cocktail Recipe is 8 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Affinity Cocktail Recipe is 154 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Affinity Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Mixing glass
- Cocktail glass
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch whisky
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour the scotch, dry and sweet vermouth, and orange bitters into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stir all together thoroughly.
- Fill a chilled cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- Serve and have fun.