“Almost a Collins” is a tasty, simple vodka cocktail recipe that’s not quite a Collins drink. Despite this, its unique flavor combination is fantastic, so it is still approved. It is an excellent drink for the cooler months and could be the ultimate blood orange cocktail. This drink is perfect for citrus lovers who love dark, sweet flavors. The Snake Oil Cocktail Company in San Diego, California, came up with the recipe for Dry Soda Co. Ketel One vodka is paired with something both smooth and flavorful – blood oranges and cinnamon. Even though the final flavor may seem difficult to imagine, the first sip will prove that it works. A collins-like drink, almost a collins, refers to how similar and different it is to the famous vodka collins. The usual lemon juice in this recipe is replaced with blood orange juice, the syrup with cinnamon, and the club soda with blood orange soda. The variation is fun, and you may find inspiration for similar substitutions to create your unique cocktails.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Almost a Collins Cocktail Recipe is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Almost a Collins Cocktail Recipe is 222 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Almost a Collins Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Swizzle Stick
- Collins Glass
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce blood orange juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 3 ounces blood orange soda
- Blood orange wheel, for garnish
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Build the ingredients in an old-fashioned glass filled with ice by pouring the vodka, blood orange juice, and cinnamon syrup.
- Stir in the blood orange soda on top.
- A blood orange wheel speared with a cinnamon stick serves as a garnish. Serve and have fun.