A sour sunrise combines bourbon and tequila with just the right amount of tartness to make it an interesting variation of the popular drink. Fabulous cocktail for summer, brunch, or any other event when you want a comfortable and unique drink at the same time. With a good premium bourbon in hand, it’s all about the fresh ingredients to make this a classic cocktail. Don’t forget to squeeze fresh lemon and orange juices to create the best tasting drink, and make your own simple syrup and grenadine so that you have them around for everyday use. These syrups are extremely easy to make and can be stored in the bar.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Sour Sunrise Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Sour Sunrise Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 175 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Sour Sunrise Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Pour the bourbon, citrus juices, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker without ice.
- Shake the bottle once. Add ice and shake once more.
- Fill a cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- Pour the grenadine slowly along the glass's inner edge. The sunrise effect will be created as it runs down the edges and sinks to the bottom.
- Serve and have fun.