In the world of haute cocktail culture, savory juices are making their way into cocktail culture, and this Bell Pepper Juice Margarita is a prime example. Featuring homemade red pepper mix, a tomato base, Cabo Wabo Tequila, and a shot, the red pepper sangrita margarita can be a fun and spicy cocktail. Once you get the pepper mix perfected to your taste, the recipe is fairly easy. The tomato base is then topped with sour mix, and a red pepper puree added for a touch of savory, and habanero hot sauce added for significant heat and flavor. In this cocktail recipe, we combine elements of three different drinks to make a savory, spicy tequila cocktail that definitely lived up to its name.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Red Pepper Sangrita Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Red Pepper Sangrita Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 250 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Red Pepper Sangrita Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 10 minutes.
- Cocktail shaker
- Small bowl
- Margarita glass
- 3 ounces pepper mix (needs to be prepared separately)
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice (for the pepper mix)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper purée (for the pepper mix)
- habanero hot sauce, to taste (for the pepper mix)
- Red bell pepper (sliced, as garnish)
- Lime wedge (as garnish)
- Ice cubes
Steps to Make It
- Start by preparing the pepper mix.
- Put the sour mix, red pepper puree, and tomato juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add some habanero hot sauce based on your taste and preference.
- Keep inside a refrigerator for one week.
- Once you have the pepper mix, ypu can now make the cocktail drink.
- Put 3 ounces of the pepper mix and 2 ounces of tequila into a cocktail shaker. Put some ice.
- Shake well. As an alternative, it is also recommended to roll the mix from one shaker to another for 5 minutes.
- Strain the drink into a margarita glass.
- Put the lime wedge and red bell pepper as garnish.
- Serve and enjoy.