A variation on the popular paloma cocktail, the back is an exclusive creation of Tequila Espolon. I like it just as much as the original, but it takes an entirely different approach to the grapefruit flavor. It is incredibly refreshing to drink a cocktail with fresh orange against a really nice tequila, and it is also easy to make. In this recipe, grapefruit juice and lemon-lime soda are used in place of grapefruit soda in the paloma. It’s also topped with a lime and Triple Sec mix that give it a margarita touch, and bitters add complexity. It creates a lighter tequila cocktail that’s perfect for the summer evenings.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Espaloma Cocktail Recipe is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Espaloma Cocktail Recipe is 631 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Espaloma Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 2 ounces blanco or reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Grapefruit or lime slice, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour the tequila, lime and grapefruit juices, triple sec, and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Add a splash of soda to finish.
- Serve with a grapefruit or lime slice as a garnish. Serve and have fun.