There is a classic recipe for the bamboo cocktail, which is a variation of the martini. In this cocktail, sherry and dry vermouth are drank together, and an extra dose of bitters is put on top. It’s an excellent alternative to gin and vodka. It is an excellent before-dinner drink, as you may expect, with these two aperitifs. The story goes that this drink was invented sometime during the 1890s by Louis Eppinger at the Grand Hotel in Yokohama, Japan. Eppinger turned around the Grand Hotel at the height of its glory by blending great drinks and overseeing culinary menus to which all the top citizens of Japan came when they visited Japan. Imbibe! Author David Wondrich reports that the drink made its way to the United States in a mysterious manner and was sometimes known as a Boston bamboo.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Bamboo Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Bamboo Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 107 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Bamboo Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Mixing Glass
- Cocktail Glass
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Fill a mixing glass halfway with ice and add the vermouth, sherry, and bitters.
- Stir all together thoroughly.
- Fill a chilled cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- To release the lemon's essence, twist a lemon peel over the cocktail, then garnish with an olive. Serve and have fun.