The ruby rum sunrise takes the tequila sunrise to the next level by adding grapefruit and rum. As you drink it, you will notice the grenadine rising to the surface. A lighter ruby red grapefruit background and rum are the only differences. This drink’s flavored rum will make you feel like a kid again. It makes sense to use citrus rum and you can even increase the grapefruit flavor by using it. Tropical fruits like mango and pineapple are also good options worth trying. Adding a rich flavor dimension to the dish, vanilla rum will make it even better.
- It can also be made with aged rums.
- It can also be made with pomegranate juice and sugar (no water required), assuming it is too tart.
- Light rum is great in this drink, and you can also use aged rum in the same manner.
- It’s nice to add a couple of dashes of orange flower water when bottling.
- It is possible to make the drink with as much grapefruit juice as you like.
- 2 or 3 ounces of juice is still enough to achieve a good balance between sweet and tart.