This delicious rhubarb-rosemary cocktail is great for those spring and summer days when rhubarb is at its best. A rosemary syrup can be made in only a couple of minutes, and it is a great way to enhance other beverages with rosemary flavor. As soon as you prepare these, the cocktail is easy and it makes for a wonderful cocktail for parties this summer. So you can make a perfectly pink cocktail instead of a murky green one (even though it would still be delicious), pick the reddest rhubarb stalks you can find. Make sure you start this cocktail recipe at least 4 hours in advance so that you have time to prepare it.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Rhubarb-Rosemary Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Rhubarb-Rosemary Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 560 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Rhubarb-Rosemary Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 240 minutes.
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glass
- 1 ounce rhubarb juice (this needs to be prepared ahead)
- 8 cups water (to prepare the rhubarb juice)
- 3 pounds of rhubarb (to prepare the rhubarb juice)
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce rosemary syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Rosemary sprig (garnish)
- Lemon wheel (garnish)
Steps to Make It
- Start by preparing the rhubarb juice. Put the rhubarb and water into a saucepan and put the cover.
- Bring to a boil with high heat. Eventually, reduce the heat.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Using fine mesh strainer, strain out the rhubarb. You may use the back of a spoon to get the desired amount of juice.
- Set aside until it cools down, and put inside a refrigerator.
- Once the rhubarb juice is ready, put the rum, rosemary syrup, lemon juice, and 1 ounce of rhubarb juice into a cocktail shaker. Put some ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain the content into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Put the lemon wheel and rosemary sprig as garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!