There’s butter in it, and there’s rum in it. This comfortable drink is great for a weekend or a warm day. The hot buttered rum recipe is really easy to prepare and can be put into play to quickly prepare one or two drinks. If you enjoy the cocktail a lot or plan to serve it at a party, you can also make up a large batch that you can keep in a refrigerator. Be sure that the water is not boiling hot when you’re pouring, since it can ruin the taste of the beverage. Make your Earl Grey tea as if you were making a pot of water.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 280 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 10 minutes.
- Irish coffee glass
- 3 ounces gold rum
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 5 ounces hot water
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 1 ml or dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 ml or dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 ml or dash of ground allspice
- Cinnamon stick (garnish)
Steps to Make It
- Put the butter, sugar, spices, and vanilla extract into an into an Irish coffee glass.
- Muddle the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the gold rum into the glass, and top with hot water.
- Put the cinnamon stick on top as garnish.
- Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!