A classic warm festive cocktail, this English Christmas punch will be perfect for holiday parties. Making it is easy, and the combination of rum, red wine, and the tea of your choosing is fantastic with the citrus fruits. If you’re using dark rum and red wine, it doesn’t really matter which one you use since they will almost all work. The tea is what makes the difference. Black tea would work just fine and you could use either green or black tea (Earl Grey would be good). It might be nice to try tea flavored with oranges as well. It is possible to make this punch two ways. It’s more like a nice fire in the middle of the room, and a little showmanship in the middle. Make sure you take precautions if you choose to light a fire in a ladle full of rum. Be sure to stay away from the Christmas tree! In both cases, you will want to make sure that your punch bowl and glasses are suitable for serving warm drinks. A heavy glass bowl will work well, as will stainless steel bowls or chafing dishes. Keep acrylic bowls away from the oven as the majority of them cannot handle the heat.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of English Christmas Punch Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 7 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of English Christmas Punch Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 138 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create English Christmas Punch Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- 1 small and 1 large jar
- Punch Bowl
- Old-fashioned Glass
- A 750-milliliter bottle of dark rum,
- A 750-milliliter bottle of dry red wine are used,
- 3 cups of strongly brewed tea,
- 2 cups of granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice.
Steps to Make It
- The ingredients need to be collected.
- You can heat and stir the ingredients in a saucepan or chafing dish, without allowing them to boil.
- Mix the sugar and hot water well until it is all dissolved.
- Combine the heated mix with seasonal fruits such as orange slices and cranberries and pour it into a heatproof punch bowl.
- Warm the food before serving.