An American dream cocktail is a fun and tasty patriotic cocktail that works well for any American-themed occasion like the Fourth of July. I created this cocktail, created by Master Mixologist Bridget Albert, author of “Market-Fresh Mixology.” It has pomegranate and cherry flavors, as well as black cherry rum and Pama Liqueur. Despite the beauty of this dessert, the real magic is in the fondant, which you can purchase from cake or candy suppliers. To strain the drink, the candy paste of miniature stars is applied to the glass inside before squeezing it. With this invention, you can create a fun, star-studded presentation that can be used with any red or blue cocktail.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of American Dream Cocktail Recipe is 2 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of American Dream Cocktail Recipe is 275 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create American Dream Cocktail Recipe is 6 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail glass
- 1 ounce pomegranate liqueur (Pama)
- 1 ounce black cherry rum
- 1 1/2 ounces pomegranate cherry juice (POM Wonderful)
- 1/2 ounce sour mix (fresh)
- Garnish: white fondant stars
- Garnish: blueberries
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Cut mini stars out of white fondant.
- Wet the back of each star with water and gently press it into the inside of a cocktail glass. Allow for 5 minutes of resting time.
- Pour the pomegranate liqueur, rum, juice, and sour mix into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into the cocktail bottle.
- Serve with blueberries on a pick as a garnish.
- Serve and have fun!