In case you are still not convinced that winter is more Sangria season than Mulled Wine season, then try this drink where the two come together. Winter drinks should be comforting, warming, and spiced. There is nothing better than Mulled Sangria during the cold winter months and it is perfect for any winter gathering you may be organizing. To begin with, you should know that when mulling this sangria, you will need to plan ahead. To make the first step, the booze and fruit have to marry for at least 3-7 days before they can be used. You can serve this punch during your holiday parties or whenever your friends are gathering and you’re in need of a warming beverage. The dish can be served cold too, but it is recommended to serve it hot instead.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Winter Warmer Mulled Sangria Cocktail Recipe is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Winter Warmer Mulled Sangria Cocktail Recipe is 150 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Winter Warmer Mulled Sangria Cocktail Recipe is 45 minutes.
- Old-fashioned glass
- 750 ml red wine
- 8 ounces Jägermeister Spice Liqueur
- 16 ounces pomegranate liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries
- 8 ounces cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate arils
- 8 ounces club soda
- 1 sachet mulling spices
Steps to Make It
- Make sure to allot 3 to 7 days to prepare this drink.
- Put the liqueurs and wine in a pitcher. Add the pomegranate arils and cranberries. Cover the pitcher, and leave inside the refrigerator for 3 to 7 days.
- Once you have decided to consume the drink, boil the cranberry-pomegranate juice and soda in a saucepan.
- Add the mulling spices and leave for at least 15 minutes
- Allow the mulled juice mix to cool down, and mix it to the pitcher of wine mix previously prepared.
- Serve the drink warm or at room temperature.