You’ll taste that in this margarita – and it’s great. As the name suggests, the sour patch margarita combines the flavors of sour candy, mixes them up, and strains out a tasty drink that’s laced with sugar. Whether you need something sour and sweet on a hot summer afternoon, this is the food for you. If you serve it on the rocks, you can add some gummy candy to the ice for an extra treat, the same way you would with a gummi bear margarita. Margaritas are made with lime-infused tequila as the base, layered with layers of fruit flavors on top. The Midori makes it bright green in color and tastes like melon, the triple sec complements orange juice, and the sour mix adds a sweet and sour flavour. Finish off the “sour patch” experience, squeeze a touch of lime juice over the top, and you won’t want to skip the sugar rim.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Sour Patch Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Sour Patch Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 584 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Sour Patch Margarita Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Margarita Glass
- Granulated sugar, for rimming
- Sugar-coated lemon wedge, for garnish
- 2 ounces lime tequila
- 1/2 ounce melon liqueur
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce sour mix
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 splash lime juice
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- After the glass has been chilled, rub the rim with a lemon wedge before rolling it in sugar. While you have the lemon slice in your hand, dip it in the sugar and carefully brush off any excess.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, melon liqueur, triple sec, orange juice, and sour mix. Ice should be added to the container.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into the glass that has been prepared.
- Garnish with a sugar-coated lemon and a dash of lime juice. Serve and have fun.