Featuring all the warm island vibes, the Rum Runner Cocktail will have you feeling like you’re on island time. With rum, fruit liqueurs and tropical juices, this fruity cocktail is fun, refreshing and perfect for relaxation or getting together with friends. It was created at the Tiki Bar of the Holiday Isle in Islamorada, Florida, in the 1950s. There is nothing more exotic than coconut rum and tropical fruits in this tropical cocktail. A rum cocktail is named after the rum runners who lived between the Florida Keys and the Bahamas. A rum runner is a delicious drink no matter how you mix it up, whether you shake it or blend it.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Rum Runner Cocktail Recipe is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Rum Runner Cocktail Recipe is 350 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Rum Runner Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail shaker
- Hurricane glass
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1 1/2 ounces banana liqueur
- 3/4 ounce blackberry liqueur
- 1 splash grenadine
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- Ice cubes
- Fruits (garnish)
Steps to Make It
- Put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Put some ice cubes into the shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a hurricane glass. Put some ice cubes.
- Garnish with your preferred fruits to complete that tropical vibe.