The bourbon, peach, ginger, and basil in the drink create a tasty cocktail that will have you singing “Georgia On My Mind” along with Ray Charles. A new whiskey cocktail that’s refreshing and offers a new taste sensation when you’re looking for something new but easy at the same time. Our readers created this drink by Judy Bronson, a cocktail enthusiast and a psychologist by profession. The most enjoyable aspect is that she takes a common ingredient and creates a dish using it intriguingly. It’s an unforgettable drink that you’ll want to share with friends. The whiskey blends with the fresh basil and the sweet peach nectar to create a delightful contrast is a delight for the taste buds.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Georgia on My Mind Cocktail Recipe is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Georgia on My Mind Cocktail Recipe is 327 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Georgia on My Mind Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Old-fashioned glass
- 4 leaves basil, torn
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 ounce ginger liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces peach nectar
- 2 to 3 dashes celery bitters
- Basil sprig, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Place the broken basil leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Combine the bourbon, ginger liqueur, pear nectar, and bitters in a mixing glass. Ice should be added to the shaker.
- To cool and mix the flavours, vigorously shake.
- Strain through an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Serve with a new basil sprig as a garnish. Serve and have fun.