In a glass, the American flag’s colors are symbolized in the Fourth of July, a shot cocktail that is popular during the Fourth of July. Also known as the patriot shot, the vodka shooter is perfect for Independence Day or any celebration centered around the American flag. In fact, this is one of the easiest layered shots you can create, so it’s a good place to begin practicing your floating skills. You will find it easy to make because the density of the three ingredients is so different, and you will have no trouble creating three distinct layers of color.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Fourth of July Cocktail Recipe is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Fourth of July Cocktail Recipe is 114 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Fourth of July Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Bar Spoon
- Shot Glass
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao liqueur
- 1/2 ounce vodka
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour enough grenadine into a shot glass to fill the bottom one-third of the glass.
- Slowly pour the blue curaçao over the back of a bar spoon to float it on top of the grenadine. The glass should be two-thirds complete at this stage.
- Pour the vodka over the spoon to fill the bottle and float it on top.
- Serve and have fun.