In my opinion, a perfect cocktail is one that everyone should try, and every bartender should know. The Anejo Highball is one of those for which we should give bartenders extra credit. The drink was created in 2000 by Dale DeGroff as a tribute to Cuban bartenders of the early 1900s. It’s best to make sure to use aejo rum or orange curaçao in this drink so that you can enjoy its full flavor. Costadeau will work as a substitute for orange curacao. Mix this with ice, and you’ll have a refreshing drink, especially for summer or whenever you want a taste of the Caribbean without getting too fruity.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 207 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- 1 1/2 ounces añejo rum
- 1/2 ounce orange curaçao liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- Lime wheel, for garnish
- Orange slice, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- In a highball glass filled with ice, combine the rum, curaçao, lime juice, and bitters.
- Finish with a splash of ginger beer.
- Serve with the orange and lime slices as garnish. Serve and have fun.