The German vacation cocktail uses Jägermeister to take you on a tiki-style trip to the tropics. I think this recipe is one of the more exciting uses for Jäger, and the rum cocktail is fun, both to mix and to drink. Sother Teague of Amor y Amargo came up with the recipe for this drink based on Jägermeister. With the flavor of Flor de Caa Rum, it combines a wide assortment of herbal flavors with that of Jägermeister, as well as ginger and orgeat, as well as a touch of lemon. Over heaping mounds of crushed ice served in snow cone style, the beverage is accompanied by a heavy dose of bitters. With dark splatters painting over a bed of snow, the effect is quite neat.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of German Vacation Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of German Vacation Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 243 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create German Vacation Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Swizzle Glass
- 1 ounce gold rum
- 1 ounce Jägermeister
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- 3/4 ounce orgeat syrup
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour the gold rum, Jägermeister, ginger and orgeat syrups, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- In a swizzle glass, strain over fresh pebble ice.
- As if it were a snow cone, pile more ice on top and "paint" with Peychaud's Bitters.
- Serve and have fun.