It doesn’t matter whether you support the Pittsburgh Steelers or not; when you drink Steelers Cider, you can’t help but feel relaxed. Maker’s Mark developed the drink to celebrate the Steelers’ win over the Green Bay Packers during Superbowl XLV in 2011. It didn’t work out for the Steelers in that game, but this drink continues to be a great option for people who enjoy game day parties. There is no complicated recipe for this drink, and it can easily be mixed up for any number of guests as it is made in a large quantity. With a warm beverage, the bourbon and cider get a chance to open up, and the spice’s flavor can become a perfect fit. The drink is ready for heat before the game starts, and it is easy to prepare before the game.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Steelers Cider Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Steelers Cider Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 551 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Steelers Cider Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 minutes.
- Irish coffee glass
- 8 ounces Makers Mark Bourbon Whiskey
- 32 ounces apple cider
- 6 cloves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Steps to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, combine the bourbon and cider.
- Combine the lemon, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon sticks in a bowl.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the liquid's surface is practically bubbling.
- Pour into an Irish coffee glass.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick as a garnish.