Beefeater Gin created the Ruby Negroni recipe, a special blend that adds three botanicals to their popular gin. The Ruby Negroni is made with Beefeater 24, an adaptation of the famous brand’s original gin. This cocktail is a great match for its Campari, port, and prosecco making it a great choice.
This is an excellent sparkling wine cocktail to serve before dinner, it has all the ingredients that make it an excellent aperitif. In addition to its functional purpose as a drink for the holiday season, it also serves well as a celebratory drink. Rubicon Negroni is a twist on the classic Negroni cocktail that brings a few different elements to the table. With addition of raspberries, this is a fantastic rendition of the popular cocktail, making it more approachable for people who might not be accustomed to Campari’s bitter taste. Ruby port, which tends to be used more often in cocktails is a little less sweet than tawny port. The recipe can be made with either a sweeter or a drier port depending on how sweet or dry you like your drinks.
- Generally, you should stick with gin of comparable quality to Beefeater if you do not want to use Beefeater Gin. In addition to making raspberry syrup at home, you can also buy it.
- The recipe is the same as the strawberry syrup one, but you will use 1 cup of raspberries for this recipe. One cup of sugar is dissolved in one cup of boiling water, then it is ready.
- Mashing the raspberries then covering and simmering for five minutes is the best method. After you have removed the syrup from the heat, allow it to cool and infuse for two hours then strain it out.
- A bottled syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- The raspberry syrup can be substituted with a raspberry liqueur such as Chambord if you prefer.