Plumdog Millionaire is a very innovative cocktail recipe that is an obvious reference to the hit movie “Slumdog Millionaire.” This unique cocktail recipe is an absolute must-try. In this London dry cocktail, a poppy and dragon’s eye twist is tempered by a dash of lavender to create a delicious cocktail. It’s sporadic to see plums in cocktails and even more uncommon for the combination to occur. Plum flavor comes from plum wine (a sweet-sour liqueur that’s also called umeshu). Plum wine rivals sake in popularity as a favorite beverage in Japanese society. With its bold flavors, it is the ideal accompaniment to a gin as complex as Bulldog, and the dry sparkling lavender soda is used lightly to accent the two flavors. The cocktail is too good to keep all to yourself, so grab some friends and share it. A great complement to virtually any meal that features Asian cuisine, it is sure to please.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Plumdog Millionaire Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Plumdog Millionaire Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 465 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Plumdog Millionaire Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Mixing Glass
- Cocktail Glass
- Lavender sugar, for rimming
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce plum wine
- 1 ounce lavender soda
- 1/2 slice black plum, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Wet the rim of a cocktail glass with lavender sugar by wiping it with a slice of plum or immersing it in a small dish of plum wine, then rolling it in lavender sugar.
- Pour the gin, plum wine, and lavender soda into a mixing glass packed with ice.
- Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Strain into the glass that has been prepared.
- Float a plum slice on top of the drink as a garnish. Serve and enjoy.