An older form of the classic gin martini, this is one of its predecessors. Even though it is very similar, it has a little bit of a different taste, sure to shake up any cocktail routine you may have. It’s sweet taste is added to the gin and vermouth combination in the Martinez. In this cocktail, sweet vermouth is used to counter dry vermouth and a hint of maraschino liqueur is added to emphasize it’s sweetness. A smooth and uplifting drink that is perfect for any time of the day is the result. Every classic drink enthusiast will want to pay attention to the Martinez cocktail. Your new favorite may even be waiting for you.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Martinez Cocktail Recipe is 6 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Martinez Cocktail Recipe is 334 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Martinez Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- mixing glass
- cocktail glass
- 2 oz gin
- 1/4 oz maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 dash bitters
- lemon twist (for garnish)
Steps to Make It
- In a mixing glass, pour the gin, maraschino liqueur, sweet vermouth and bitters. Fill it with ice and stir well.
- In a chilled cocktail glass, strain the mixture.
- For finishing touches, twist the lemon peel over the drink then drop it into the glass.
- Serve and enjoy.