Since the 1930s, it has been popular to have a leap year cocktail. While it may not be on everyone’s lips, the cocktail is at least on some minds and a great martini alternative because of its delightful combination of flavor and classic style. A cocktail that should not be limited to once every four years, the cocktail deserves to be enjoyed more frequently. With this recipe, we combine gin with sweet vermouth and the delightful orange sweetness of Grand Marnier in a brandy-based sauce. Citrusy notes are created by adding a little lemon juice to the mix, creating a drink that has a light and fresh airiness. an easy cocktail to make and is a superb choice for a dinner cocktail, should you choose to have it before or after a
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Leap Year Cocktail Recipe is 7 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Leap Year Cocktail Recipe is 200 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Leap Year Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce brandy-based orange liqueur
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- Lemon twist, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour the gin, sweet vermouth, orange liqueur, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Stir all together thoroughly.
- Fill a chilled cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- Serve with a lemon twist as a garnish. Serve and have fun.