Adding a kumquat-ginger caipirinha to your list of must-try drinks is a wise choice, because it is a divine experience of flavor. Using fresh kumquat and ginger to flavor the sugar and cachaça, this recipe is a variation on the popular Brazilian cocktail caipirinha. A great aspect of this drink is that kumquats typically have a season that runs from December or January to March or April, so you can get a taste of spring during the winter by drinking this. A recipe for Leblon Cachaça is used in this recipe. In order for it to be so refreshing and complex, it should be made with special cachaça, considering how dependent it is on fresh flavors. In recent years, it has become easier to find good cachaça, such as Leblon.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Kumquat-Ginger Caipirinha Cocktail Recipe is 7 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Kumquat-Ginger Caipirinha Cocktail Recipe is 596 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Kumquat-Ginger Caipirinha Cocktail Recipe is 5 minutes.
- Old-Fashioned Glass
- 5 kumquats, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, to taste
- 2 ounces cachaça
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Place the kumquat slices, ginger, and sugar in an old-fashioned glass (reserve 1 for garnish).
- Muddle well.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice and then pour in the cachaça.
- Shake it or stir it thoroughly.
- Serve with a kumquat slice as a garnish. Serve and have fun.