There’s nothing better than a cocktail made with apple brandy. George J. published a recipe to accompany the recipe in its print edition. From Kappeller’s “Modern American Drinks” from 1895. If you’re a metropolitan fan, this cocktail gives you a similar taste experience with apple brandy as the base spirit. The sweetness of the sweet vermouth balances the brandy quite well. However, the ingredients are poured at equal amounts, so we start from a different base for this recipe. While this beverage is equally as delicious, it uses a slightly different twist on bitters and syrup.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Star Cocktail Recipe is 6 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Star Cocktail Recipe is 1058 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Star Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Mixing Glass
- Cocktail Glass
- 1 1/2 ounces apple brandy
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes Peychaud's or Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes gomme syrup
- Lemon twist, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Pour the apple brandy, sweet vermouth, bitters, and syrup into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Fill a chilled cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- Serve with a lemon twist as a garnish. Serve and have fun.