If you replace the rum and brandy in the traditional pina colada, you get the During hot summer days, it is a wonderful change of pace and a great way to appreciate brandy. One of the few frozen cocktails that contains brandy is the kappa colada. This rich flavor contrasts very nicely with the pineapple and coconut taste of the pina colada, adding a deeper layer of flavor to its tropical fruity profile. While this recipe doesn’t use the same ingredients as another, it does change them up a little. In the desert, it chooses pineapple fruit over juice, and vanilla ice cream splits the ice. It has a fresher taste and creamier touch, blending up to be on the one hand familiar and yet on the other hand unique.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Kappa Colada Cocktail Recipe is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Kappa Colada Cocktail Recipe is 689 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Kappa Colada Cocktail Recipe is 5 minutes.
- Collins Glass
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1 ounce cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned), plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup ice
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Combine the brandy, coconut cream, pineapple, ice cream, and ice in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a collins glass.
- Serve with a pineapple chunk or a maraschino cherry as a garnish. Serve and have fun.