In terms of taste, the Jelly Bean shot is similar to the candy it is named after and is layered with some unique flavors. In other words, the anise-flavored liqueur used in this cocktail makes it more like a black jelly bean than a party shooter. In order for a jelly bean to be successful, it must have Each of the three liqueurs is poured on top of the other in the order listed with the heaviest at the bottom and the lightest at the A triple-layered shot drink is created that is beautiful to both look at in the glass and Layering a drink for the first time can be challenging, however the Jelly Bean is a great place to start. It is because the ingredients differ sufficiently in density that they are easy to separate. If you have the patience to learn how to float properly, you will benefit greatly.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Jelly Bean Cocktail Recipe is 6 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Jelly Bean Cocktail Recipe is 123 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Jelly Bean Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Bar Spoon
- Shot Glass
- 1/2 ounce blackberry brandy, or grenadine
- 1/2 ounce anisette liqueur, or sambuca liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Southern Comfort
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- In a shot glass, pour the brandy or grenadine.
- Pour the sambuca or anisette over the back of a bar spoon to float it on top of the first layer.
- Using a spoon, float the Southern Comfort on top of the second layer.
- Serve and have fun.