The combination of moonshine, brandy, and blueberries in the same drink sounds impossible, but is it possible? It is and a Washington, D.C., bartender named Jason Rogers has created this delicious cocktail he calls the French Quarter Smash to demonstrate that they can go well together. Despite its complexity, the drink is surprisingly simple. This recipe uses any moonshine you can get your hands on, a nice brandy like E&J XO, fresh mint, and lemon. In addition to homemade almond syrup and blueberry preserves, the mixture is perfectly finished off. Moonshine has never tasted so good. It’s a unique and delicious way to drink it.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of French Quarter Smash Cocktail Recipe is 4 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of French Quarter Smash Cocktail Recipe is 672 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create French Quarter Smash Cocktail Recipe is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Old-fashioned glass
- 3 lemon wedges
- 1/4 ounce almond syrup
- 1 1/4 ounces moonshine
- 3/4 ounce brandy
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons blueberry preserves
- Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Muddle the lemon wedges and almond syrup in a cocktail shaker until all of the juices are removed.
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice and add the moonshine, brandy, mint leaves, and blueberry preserves.
- To completely combine the preserves, vigorously shake.
- 1 big ice cube in an old-fashioned glass after a double pressure.
- Serve with a sprig of fresh mint as a garnish. Serve and have fun.