Known as the English rose cocktail, it is a delightful variation of the classic gin martini. Sweeter than the other two, this concoction uses apricot brandy, grenadine, and lemon to add flavor, and it makes a delightful drink to enjoy before dinner. This martini recipe is something of a departure from dry martinis, which are usually made with gin rather than vodka. I like the variety of flavors, which are not only distinct but also perfectly complementary to one another, and it’s not one-dimensional. It may be this fascination with the English rose that has kept it in the dictionary of classic cocktails for so long.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of English Rose Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 5 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of English Rose Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 281 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create English Rose Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce apricot brandy
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the required ingredients.
- Pour the gin, apricot brandy, dry vermouth, lemon juice, and grenadine into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice cubes and give it a good shake.
- Fill a chilled cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain into it.
- Serve with a maraschino cherry as a garnish. Serve and have fun.