As Grand Marnier’s answer to the dark and stormy cocktail, the perfect storm is a recipe for storm and sunshine. We have crafted an alcoholic drink that moves away from the conventional Caribbean rum beverage. Our cold brew rum drink has a deep and fruity bitterness thanks to the orange liqueur while also bringing to mind the city-smoking Moscow Mule. The ginger beer rum perfect storm is incredibly easy to mix and taste great. It creates a temporary “storm” in the glass as you pour the beer, so take a moment to enjoy the effect and choose a good ginger beer to get the best results. Some of these include favorites like Barritt’s, Bundaberg, and Fever-Tree, specifically for mixed drinks. Try Brooklyn Crafted for some of the spicier ginger.
Cocktail strength (from 1 to 10 scale)
The strength of Perfect Storm Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 out of 10.
Nutrition (calories per serving)
The estimated calories of Perfect Storm Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 206 calories per serving.
Preparation time (minutes)
The time it takes to create Perfect Storm Cocktail Recipe cocktail is 3 minutes.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Highball Glass
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy-based orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Collect the necessary ingredients.
- Pour the orange liqueur, lime juice, and bitters into a mixing glass in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously with ice. If you don't have a cocktail shaker, combine the ingredients in a serving glass instead. Although the shaking is enjoyable, it is not required.
- Over fresh ice, strain into a highball glass.
- Stir in the ginger beer with a quick swirl.